Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ebisu 6Hr - Mike's Perspective

















Joined TG Racing team as a guest driver in their honda.
Really great bunch of guys and had a blast (as you can see from the pics).



Surprised how easy the honda was to drive after the lotus. Very forgiving car that gives far more warning of loss of traction than the lotus - making it an easy car to step into and race for the first time.






We came in a respectable 8th place in our class and 24th place overall.

First set of tyres only lasted 2 hours then were totally shreaded so by the time I went out I was driving on last set of used rubber and we had changed our race strategy to `survive and finish` agreeing on a tyre saving conservative lap time we should all keep to.



Unfortunately when I went out the trackmate failed and I was unable to tell what lap times I was doing so I had to try to guess and just drive as smoothly as I could.




In the end we did a total 254 laps just 3 laps shy of 5th place!
Mike.


Ed. All of Mike's pictures are here or watch a slide show here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Support the team...