Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Concept...

Last year, I was invited to join a 12-hour race at Ebisu circuit organized by some Japanese friends, including a professional (now retired) racing driver (Tomohiko Sunako). The car was a stripped-out, fully race-prepped Honda Civic.

Naturally, I promptly invited some of my non-Japanese car fanatic friends to join in the craziness.

The result was lots of fun, cameraderie, a broken Civic engine, and an extremely drained bank account.

I think Russ will be posting those photos/videos soon.

Immediately afterwards, my good friends Miguel and Tom and I decided that, if we ever put a similar team together, we could do so for much less money...and it would be a fun project....and left it at that...

Fast forward 8 months, and I get a call from Miguel. "Hey I've got a car we can use as a race car!!" I didn't know what he was talking about, but then he sent me here:

www.neweraimports.com/soldcarDetails.jsp?carId=401

Ah!

The rest, as they say, is history... enjoy the blog!

Aki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Support the team...