Monday, July 20, 2009

Installing Parts, Part 4

So Alex and I did a few things on Sunday.

1) Installed the new bonnet pins/clamps. But, you get what you pay for. We had to enlarge the holes in the bonnet to make it fit.



2) Installed the radiator hose attachment to allow fitment of the water temp probe. And yes, Miguel, we made sure to fit the probe from the bottom.


3) Got creative with double sided tape and foam to install the gauge cluster, once I had used 3 different kinds of saws to reduce the profile and then a sanding machine to smooth it all out. Still not perfect, but it will have to do. Not sure if the double stick tape will hold, either, but alas, how else could I create some excitement in the cabin during the race? (but, the wiring is done tidily).

4) Unbolted rear seat so Alex can store at his shed.

5) Drilled hole in another oil washer bolt I picked up. Just in case.

6) Picked up two wiper blades. Car needs them. Also picked up the spare wheel nuts.

7) Inspected the headlight housing. I have ordered HIDs, they should work, although I have heard that the reflectors in the headlight housing creates too much glare. We shall see.

8) Took off the plastic sunshades on the doors. They were falling off, anyway. Now the car is SLEEKER!!

9) Replaced dry type air filter with K&N wet type filter. I swear, the car feels more responsive!! (and people on the Prelude forums claim 5 hp...)


To do:
a) Roll cage - I called this morning, should be on its way to Japan.
b) Mount/balance new tires to Honda rims.
c) Sticker the car
d) Timing belt change. Looking for a place that will do the work for less than others. I think I can pick up the parts for relatively cheap.
e) Oil filter change before race. Yep, the one on it now is really banged up. But went out and bought a cheap one anyway.

ALSO -
1) Still looking for more gas cans, and the dolly to cart them around.
2) How about some fold up tables/chairs?
3) Reserve lodging.
4) Pick up two 2.5kg (or more) capacity fire extinguishers (these are 3500 yen each at my local DIY home center)
5) Come up with a list of tools and spare parts we will be taking with us to the race.

I think that's it then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Support the team...