Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ebisu 12hr Race Review Part 5 - Race

We started... Go-Sumi-san!! Go TGRacing!
I checked the board for my jobs, then I put down my camera. We all had 2 sessions each of around 30~40 minutes depending on safety car and other factors.

I remembered to ask James to take some pics in my session, Thanks for the following.

This is how I saw my first session. Up the straight and just into 4th,

Then use my Sunako-style braking technique to good effect. Although I didn't expect a three wide braking attempt into this corner.

Once I got used to it, Ebisu's downhill S-curve is great. At this stage about 4~odd hours had past and the car was sliding around but totally predictable on the RE01R. I was loving my first session.

Eliminating mistakes from my driving and making some progress. (This B-Class Mirage was no match for the mighty Prelude) hehe.

After this session and some lunch, then I went back to work and the camera dissappeared for a while. (actually the whole race)
Somehow I couldn't really get confident with the car in the second session, being hounded by much faster and just a little faster cars. It'd be interesting to see the time differences in these two sessions. By the time I completed my less confident second session it was right on dusk.

I found my camera again in my relax time. This is Aki blasting into the night.
Here is Tom on the final lap. To our surprise, a 9:10 finish gave Tom a grueling last stint.

CONGRATULATIONS TGR! 12hours of hard work and many more hours of prep paying off to bring home the BB6.

The proud team with the machine. The "race director's prize" winning team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Support the team...