Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What a Great Weekend!

Well I never imagined that I would ever take part in a Motor Race, so last weekend was very special for me, made all the more memorable and enjoyable by such a great bunch of teammates and new friends and some pretty good teamwork! 
 
The drive was a lot more enjoyable and a less tiring than I imagined [helped by power steering!] - but really the car is beautiful to drive, so forgiving and infinitley adjustable through the corners, I still need to find a quicker way through the hairpins - so I am looking forward to Tom supplying some data and video to help. I think it is an easy car to drive quickly but needs more technical focus to go very quick.
 
I'm still smiling and can't stop thinking of my stint immediatly after the safety car, as I could see the crashed car being removed from the undergrowth I started to warm up the brakes and Dunlops to see if I could gain some places when the safety car went in and I managed to pull off some nice overtakes as a result.
 
The more laps I completed the more I ammended my thinking and line around the corners, personally it will be interesting for me to compare the 'in car' footage of the begining of my first session to the end of my last :-)  Other factors may play a part such as;
 
a) The slightly lower gearing on the Dunlops
b) The Dunlops had more grip
c) A full tank of fuel [2nd session] kept the tail more 'planted'
 
Anyway we must have enough material, data and experience to make the next visit to Ebisu even more fun
 
Thanks Guys, looking forward to doing it all again !!!
 
Simon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Support the team...