Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mechanical Work on Sunday

We've seen the wonderful work that Russell did to the outside of the car - it really says "Race Car!!!!"

But - Sunday morning, Sumi-san and I went to Zama to meet with Alex. At the auto shop, we hunted down the sound coming from the right front suspension when making left turns.



Although I thought it was problems with the CV joint, Miguel was right - it was a loose bolt in the suspension system. I started by checking to see if all bolts were tight, by hand, once we had the car up. And Oh My... one was so loose I could easily turn it with my fingers. So I used the air socket gun to tighten it.

When I did that, the bolt on the OTHER side exposed itself - as the photo taken by Sumi-san demonstrates.



It goes without saying that, these bolts were supposed to support the suspension member - no wonder that noise was happening! And actually, after we tightened 4 bolts, the car actually handles better!!

Anyway - we then installed the HID lights, fixed the left fog light (loose connector), changed the oil filter for a new one, finished bolting the last bolt of the roll cage, and changed out the tires for the RE-01Rs, on the theory that we will save the Dunlop Star Specs for rain.

We then went to Carest Zama to get the transmission oil changed (Motul 75W-140). After which, we drove to Koenji to pick up a couple of folding tables and a dolly for the gas cans.

After which, we made our way back to my place for the stickering...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Support the team...