Sunday, August 9, 2009

Red Lines of Hell!

I think our red lines now have meaning. They represent the maxed out limit of everyone who prepared the car. Last nights late night session turned into a marathon for everyone, and it seems we have all been working pretty hard to get the car ready.

All the jobs require massive concentration and the sticker application was no different.

Thanks to all who were doing things on the car. As for me I am yet to see the other modifications as I was busy busy busy with the vinyl graphics.

First putting lines on the car, then cutting templates from scratch, cutting out using make do facilities and installation. I tried training some helpers and Aki did some good work! Nurse Tom was a great assistant. "Scissors... Scalpel....". The right hand side is near perfect.

But in the end it was just time and energy that beat us. As the hours rolled by the left hand side (which is more difficult with fuel cap etc) has a couple of minors that needs correction, But as it was created using the reverse of templates and no energy. I think it is exceptional.

We still have a lot of small stickers to apply, but these are the easy part. That massive red stripe was the hard one. PS, the bonnet stripe template has not been done.
And as we were 4am Zombies (see below) I left all my gear in the car by mistake. I guess Wed night may see the final applications.
Honda badge looks great.
Thanks to everyone last night. It's looking good.
Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Support the team...